Tuesday, April 14, 2009

This too shall pass.....

I am facing a tough week. Some things have happened in my personal life and it is really affecting me emotionally. My standard MO would be to eat and drink the pain away. Not this time. This time, I am going to be in control so that when the pain finally goes away, I won't be beating myself over a weight gain. Won't really get into what is going on, let's just say my heart is breaking. But this too shall pass....

Here's something I made tonight that once upon a time I would serve over rice. I don't really have measurements on anything, it's just kind of to taste. Enjoy my Pepper Chicken.

In a large saucepan, bring some broth to a low simmer (use homemade for best flavor). Add chunks of cooked chicken (or beef or both), a pepper, about a half pound of mushrooms, and a can of diced tomatoes. Let simmer over low until pepper and mushrooms are tender. Make a slurry with about a tablespoon of cornstarch and broth. Slowly add to saucepan, return to boil and let simmer until sauce has thickened. That's it....easy and delicious! I know the cornstarch isn't primal, but I haven't started using arrowroot yet, and I figure one tablespoon spread over three or four meals isn't all that horrible.

No comments:

Post a Comment