Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Back on Track

Once again, I have been slacking but today, I am back on track and I am excited about it! I had an awesome day, which is surprising since it is a travel day for me and we all now how difficult it can be to stay on track on the road. But I am happy to say.....today was a success!! Here's what I ate:
Morning: Salad with lettuce, tomato, grilled chicken, manadrin oranges, parmesan cheese and ranch dressing
Lunch: Small bunch of grapes, 3 walnuts, 2 dried apricots, 3 oz cheese-smoked gouda, havarti, and some kind of bleu
Dinner: Grilled chicken breast topped with grilled mushrooms, peppers and jack cheese, sauteed broccoli, zucchini and yellow squash, side salad with ranch, 2 vodka diets, 1/2 oz Organic chocolate

I know it isn't perfect, but I am so excited that I stayed (for the most part) primal. Believe me, it would have been real easy to grab a burger and fries for dinner, or have that snack of chips on the plane this afternoon. I was surprised that Delta offered a fruit and cheese plate. It came with 4 large crackers, and it would have been really easy to eat them, but I didn't and I am pretty damn proud of myself for that. I was actually doing a little happy dance to myself when I made my choice at dinner. I always start my travels with the best of intentions, then they go straight to hell because I think, "why not? I deserve it because I am on the road." Obviously the wrong attitude!
I know I have struggled, and I have no one to blame but myself. A couple weeks ago, someone left me a comment that said I just need to make the commitment, and dammit, he's right. I know this is the right lifestyle for me, I know it makes me feel awesome, I just have to commit. So here I am, making the commitment. Regardless of what my social commitments may be, there is no excuse not to stay commited to the Primal lifestyle.

I am committing to everyone out there that I am committed to posting more often. To trying and posting recipes....I plan on making BEE's coconut pancakes this weekend! (and then Mark's pancakes, then Son of Grok's recipe....the list goes on and on!) What a great alternative to bread...I can't wait to make an egg and ham breakfast sandwich!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck!

    One comment - I found it easier once I cut back on the sugar (fruit) and added more fats (EVOO, animal fats - bacon grease, butter, etc). I don't know where you stand on the saturated fat controversy, but eating lean protein all day didn't really fill me up.

    ReplyDelete