Thursday, August 13, 2009

We're over a week into Mark's 30 Day Challenge and if you have not started yet, what is holding you back? I love the way he has formatted it. It's all about what changes YOU can make, regardless how small. If all you want to do is start eating more veggies, then you are in. Baby steps will lead to success in the end. The tough part is taking that first baby step.

The great thing about the challenge is the daily contests. He is giving away a ton of fun, primal stuff!! Here's my entry for the "Show Us Your Breakfast" contest. It's a version of "Joe's Special" this time containing ground buffalo sauteed with garlic, onion, butter, pastured bacon and organic spinach. I love simple dishes like this that I can adjust to whatever I have on hand, then have it available for several days. Primal eating doesn't have to be difficult, the key is being prepared.

The contests can be as easy as leaving a comment or submitting a picture, to much more involved tasks like creating a workout video. All in all, it's a fun way to immerse yourself in the primal community.

So how have I been doing on my goals that I set for this challenge? Here's an update:

1- Get more sleep: I really need to work on this! Since the challenge started, I have actually been getting less sleep...oops!
2- Walk the Talk: I have been eating full primal about 80% of the time. I have had a couple slips, with travel and graduation celebrations, etc. I still have a lot of travel this month, so it will continue to be a challenge, but I have less functions to attend so I can better control what I am eating. What I find interesting is how quick conventional thinkers are to critize. And of course, their way must be right. I was traveling with my parents last weekend, and my mom was quick to point out how fattening/salty/etc beef jerky was or commenting how heavy an omelet in the morning is. I wanted to say "fat doesn't make you fat" but it doesn't quite make sense coming from me since I still have weight to lose. Soon, I will be a living, breathing example of how amazing the Primal lifestyle can be.
3- Limit alcohol intake: This has been going very well. I've only indulged three days since the challenge started with is a big decrease for me.
4- More time outside: I was able to spend quite a bit of time outside while I was in Indiana, then I came home to rain. But it should be clearing up so I hope to get some outside time in this weekend. Next week won't be a problem as I will be in Hawaii....I will be getting lots of outside time then!
5- Drink more water: I have definitely been getting more water. Since I am not having cocktails in the evening, I find myself drinking a lot of water.

No comments:

Post a Comment