Wednesday, June 9, 2010

What I ate today:
  • 2 free range eggs, with 1 tbsp mayo and 5 strips pastured bacon
  • 6 oz grass-fed carne asada cut beef, with 1 tbsp butter. Big mug of homemade chicken broth.
  • Slow cooked chicken, 1/2 avocado, slice of onion, diced tomatos, lime juice.
  • Sliced jicama -- quickly becoming a favorite snack.
  • 2 oz cheddar cheese
  • 2 glasses red wine
  • Coconut oil with 1/3 oz dark chocolate

I've discovered I am really liking the unsweetened herbal tea. I use any kind of tea that has a hint of berry to it (TAZO Passion, Celestrial Seasonings Wild Berry Zinger, and my favorite from Cost Plus Tropical Crimson). I never thought I would get off the Splenda bandwagon. I used to drink Splenda sweetened tea every morning, and have at least two diet Dr. Pepper or Coke Zero every afternoon. Once in a while I would treat myself to a Sugar Free white chocolate peppermint mocha from my favorite coffee place. Not any more. I would guess I've been off of sweetners for about two months. The other night I took a tiny sip of the Bret Micheals Diet Snapple (I can't remember the flavor) and all I could taste of the aspartamine. Icky!! These days I'm perfectly happy with unsweetened tea, seltzer with lime, and plain old water. Water can be livened up with lemon, lime, mint, cucumber or berries.

As you can see, I'm still having a bit of an issue sticking to Paleo. Primal......no problem. But Paleo, I can't seem to let go of butter, cheese, wine and dark chocolate. Granted, quantities are definitely going down, so that is an improvement. I gotta let go of these excuses and go just one week without them.

No comments:

Post a Comment