Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Travel Food

Had to travel last week, and I actually packed food to take me with. Normally I would pack a few snacks, and get the bulk of my meals at the airport. Instead, I took matters into my own hands. Here is a picture of my noshes:


An organic apple, sliced cheddar cheese, bacon from the farm, homemade guacamole, a Larabar and a packet of sea salt & olive oil almonds. Unfortunately I forgot to pack a spoon. So I had to scoop the guac with bacon and cheese. You should have seen some of the looks I was getting. I found it kind of funny. I was the weird one, not the people next to me chowing down on bagels and cream cheese! The apple and almonds were saved for snacks the next day. It's amazing how satisfied I felt for once during a full day of travel. I will definitely be packing my food more often!

And while I was out on the road, I choose hotels with refridgerators and even one that had an actual kitchen. Instead of going to a restuarant for meals, I stopped by Whole Foods and picked up some fresh fruit, chicken from the deli and some delicious salads from their salad bar. Not only did I save a bit of money, but I felt GREAT all week, knowing I was in control of what I was feeding my body. Anybody else pack their own food when traveling?

1 comment:

  1. Hostels have different facilities like laundry, washing machine, community kitchen, internet cafes and TV.

    Pousada Ubatuba

    ReplyDelete