Sunday, May 17, 2009

Weekend Recap

Spring has finally hit in the Northwest, and it couldn't have come at a better time! The farmer's markets are open, the fresh produce is starting to make an appearance, and people are just generally more active and happy. I was able to get the pup out for a couple walks, once to the dog park, and the other for a 3+ mile walk with some serious hills. My friend and I do it every Saturday, and we are dying by the time we reach the final hill. Cooper ran up it like it was nothing! Little guy amazes me!

As for food, I did a lot of grazing, mostly on roasted chicken and fruit. I bought two rotisserie chickens this weekend, along with some mangoes, organic apples and strawberries, lettuce and avocados. This has made for some great grazing food, along with some pastured ham.

This coming week will be a hectic one, as I am gearing up for a trip to Argentina, starting on Saturday. I am incredibly nervous for the trip, since I have never done any international travel. It is a requirement for my MS degree, so fortunately I will be with a group and have a jam packed schedule. I've heard that Argentina has some incredible meat, so I am looking forward to that!

No comments:

Post a Comment