Saturday, February 7, 2009

I'm a slacker!

I admit, I have been slacking. I have been off track so I haven't been posting. Well, I had a chat with myself and determined that this is just not acceptable. I started this blog so I could give myself accountability. I don't have to be perfect to post, I am human after all. I think if I put it all out there, it will motivate me to do better. So here is my food from yesterday:

Lunch: 2 hard boiled eggs, grass fed summer sausage and 1/2 an avocado, mixed all together like egg salad. Sounds weird, but it is actually good, I've had it for lunch two days in a row.
Snack: organic apple, organic pear
Dinner: Grass fed London Broil with organic mushrooms and onions sauteed in butter, mashed califlower with leeks and diced ham. 2 glasses red wine.
Snack: Dreyer's ice cream, 1 slice Dave's Killer bread with butter and honey.


I made London Broil last night for the first time and it was soooooo good! I can't believe how easy it is to make, and it was an inexpensive cut of meat. The ranch where I get my grass-fed meat has raised prices (who hasn't?!) so I need to explore how to prepare some of the less expensive cuts. This is definitely one I will add to my monthly order. I've also started getting deliveries from a local, organic produce company. Every other Friday I come home and there is a box of produce waiting for me. This is really helping me expand my veggie intake. This week I will be trying rhutabuga and jersulum artichokes. I'll let you know how that goes!

I admit that my snacking options were not the best, but it could have been so much worse! I could have eaten the entire container of ice cream, but instead I scooped out a small bowl and enjoyed every bite of the Girl Scout Thin Mint concoction! I am justifying it by saying they only have this flavor once a year! LOL I am going to need some serious willpower when the Girl Scout cookies are delivered at the end of the month! I know what some of you are thinking, why are you eating that crap if you are going primal? Well, remember that Mark tells us that we can indulge every once in a while, as long as we control it and make reasonable choices. A reasonable choice will be a few cookies, instead of the whole box!


No comments:

Post a Comment